Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Folders Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtiltins

Technical User
Feb 26, 2009
I have set up a sharepoint website on Windows Server 2003. The problem is that I cannot view the contents of sub-folders in the "Shared folders" document library from other computers (I can if I log onto the website from the Windows Server box). I've tried with all user names on three different computers, and always the same problem. I can create files (and upload), and I can even create new folders, but I cannot navigate to them on the website. Any ideas where I can start, or where I should be looking?

In addition to this problem, I have the following one. It seems rather similar. I've created a Wiki website to see and experiment with it. On the side panel there is "Alpha Wiki" and when I click on it, it takes me to the default "Welcome to your wiki Library" page. However, when I click on the link in other computers (again, regardless of account) I get the Internet Explorer error: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". The link in the title bar is missing the "/Home.aspx" on the other computers, but has it when I'm using the host computer. Why would it be missing the "/Home.aspx" on other computers, but not the host? Could this be similar problem to the folders?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back