Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shared folder - System error 5 has occurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outliner

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
BE
Hello,

When I try to go to a shared folder from a server(serverA, w2003) to another server(serverB, w2003) in the domain I receive the error: "the account is not authorized to login from this station". Net view doesn't work either, then I receive the error: "system error 5 has occured". The user has all rights. In the other direction there is no problem. Connecting from serverA to other servers in the domain works also. When I try to go to the shared folder on server B from another server(with the same user) there is no problem.
Ping between serverA & serverB is ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

There could be a local policy setting on server b that is stopping the user from accessing the shared folder from server a. Try creating another shared folder on server b and see if the user can access it from server a.

Can other users that have the same rights as this user access the shared folder on server b from server a?

Hello Juniper911,

Meanwhile I found the solution, it was indeed a local policy issue;
Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications

These settings were changed, I put them back on the default setting and it worked..

Thanks for the reply!

Greetz
Outliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back