Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared email account 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cullom

MIS
Mar 2, 2004
US
I need to setup a shared email account in exchange 5.5... the account is created but I cannot allow multiple users to connect to the shared box. I know I am missing something very simple, but I am pressed for time and have gone brain dead! Thanks in advance for any help.

You may not have Exchange Administrator set up so that you can see the permissions tab in Exchange objects. Don't have Exchange Admin in front of me, but I believe that you need to go to Tools -> Options, click on the Permissions tab. Turn on the "Show Permissions Page for all objects". Once that is turned on, go back to the shared mailbox and you will be able to allow additional account access to the mailbox by adding the domain accounts in the account permissions tab.

I knew I was brain dead. That was the problem. Thanks alot for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back