Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared dynamic cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenpark

Programmer
Oct 6, 2006
US
Hello,

Ok so I need a little help with a problem conceptually here. I'm constructing a mapping that loads a type 2 slowly changing dimension. Which means I have to use a dynamic lookup against the target table to synchronize inserts/updates between it and the lookup cache.

Now, I have conditions which require me to pull column data out of the target table in the same pipeline. Ideally I could utilize lookups against the same dynamic cache but not sure if this is possible with unconnected static lookups? If anyone has had any experience with this, please let me know how it went.

Thanks,
Glen

A unconnected lookup will be performed only once during the session run, delivering a static set?
Aren't you going to be on very thin ice reading data from the target while at the same time inserting/updating?

Ties Blom

Actually what I meant was is it possible to use an unconnected lookup that would refer to a cache created by a connected dynamic lookup? In this way the static, unconnected lookup would always be looking at an updated source of data instead of directly at the target. But I'm not sure if this is possible or not in Informatica.

I think you have the conception that an unconnected lookup performs differently than a connected one. It does not, it is just not part of the mapping structure. It is executed before data is written to the target.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back