Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Database with ODBC Oracle Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbird

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
US
Ok, I have searched and not found anything that answers my specific question, though I found a lot that made me go back and try a few things.

What I am looking to do is this.

I have an Access Database (XP, but in 2000 format) that connects to 6 tables via Oracle ODBC.

It works fine for me on my local machine. When I copy the database to the server, it comes up with a ODBC Connection Failed error. I go in and re-link the tables and it works. As soon as someone else opens the database, they get the same error.

PROBLEM: What do I need to do so that all my users (about 6) can open the database and not get the connection failure every time?

Would splitting the database help?

It is also important to note that there is authentication to the other database (the one I am connecting to), but we all have a common log in for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back