Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared database not working for particular user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdyOne

MIS
Oct 16, 2001
US
I have an Access database stored on a shared drive that is accessed from various office locations. From day one, the database has worked fine for the 20+ users who use it.

Now, all of a sudden, one particular user is having a problem clicking a button that emails a report from a form. The button is a linked to a macro that sends a report to an email message.

Here's the error message:

Action Failed

Macro Name:
Send Report

Condition:
True

Action Name:
SendObject

Arguments:
3, New Work Order Report, SnapshotFormat(*.snp),,,New Work Order, Double Click The Work Order To Review, Yes,

...now when you click the Halt button you get:

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.

Oddly enough, I thought I fixed the problem last week when I deleted his local profile and the error went away. Now it's back! EEK!

The Titanic was built by engineers. The Ark was built by an amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back