Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Calender Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbiskit

Technical User
May 20, 2003
GB
I will be amazed if someone could give me the answer to this problem that has been bugging me for weeks.

I have a user who has a laptop. It is running XP with Outlook 98. When he opens up a shared calender via Exchange Server most appointments have been corrupted in the sense of adding the time in from 11pm till 11pm and spanning it over 2 days instead of one. I have logged in as myself and set up a profile to use Outlook and have had the same problem but if I log onto a another machine using myself or the user the calender opens up the way it should.

10 different users share this calender and no one experiences a problem like this. I don't know whether I need to change something local to that machine because I have deleted his profile off and started again. But no joy.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I know the problem you are experiencing, but I do not know the best solution. It is based with Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time zones. I'll bet that laptop is in a different time zone than all the other machines. I'd check that first and report back to the forum and maybe someone else has the end all solution.

I have just made all computers not change time into Daylight Savings Time zone here, because our each client desktop and laptop use a logon script to update the time to an internal server here. Btw, that same internal server is running a freeware program to check it's clock to an atomic clock. Also newer Microsoft OSes have the ability to check "time servers" out on the internet to keep correct time. I know XP home can do this, XP pro probably too.. and I beleive W2K can be set to do it with a 'net time' command, if setup correctly.

Well that worked a treat, thank you Btash. It was a case of ticking the Daylight Saving Option in Time Zones. I would never of looked there.

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back