Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Borders

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgreen39

Technical User
Oct 29, 2009
US
I'm have been running FrontPage 2003 on Win 7 (64) for 2-3 years. A new problem just showed up. When I edit the bottom section of the shared borders the changes appear in affected pages, but when I publish changed files to the server I still see the old shared borders with my browser. It seems the server has cached my old shared border file somewhere and is using it instead of the new one. However, the file list on the server shows only the new shared borders file. I've seen this behavior before but it has always cleared itself while I was investigating it. I never knew why. This time it won't go away. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know why FrontPage does not display the shared borders files in the "Folders List"?

This has been a problem for us, too. I find it clears up by rebooting the PC. Even refreshing the page does not fix this. I didn't have this problem on XP machines. The way I do this is to use a desktop for the development and a laptop to dislpay the pages. I also noticed that the caching does not occur in the Chrome browser.

I don't know the answer to your second question.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the information. Sounds like we have a similar problem but mine is a bit different. I'm using Chrome on my desktop where I do all of my work. If I view the pages from my laptop I get the same problem. The changes to the revised shared borders do not show up on the server. Same thing on my wife's Mac Book running Safari.

Bob

The problem we have at work is that I will change a page for a user. When they go to display the page, they see the old one and think I didn't really change it. It is really frustrating. I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Tom

I was able to get my server page (including the revised shared border) to display properly. I had to make an edit to the page content to force it to be uploaded to the server when I Publish.

It looks like we are dealing with a FrontPage bug here. When I change a shared border all pages that use that shared border should be republished. Some are and some are not. At least that is what I am seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back