Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shared borders and graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttruluck

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2001
ZA
I have a left shared border which has a graphic logo in it. I want to be able to add another graphic logo at the top of the main body that will butt up with the logo in the border area. However, I cannot seem to get rid of the space (gutter) between the shared border and the main body of text.

When Frontpage creates a page with a shared border on the side what it actually does is create a one row table. The first cell is the side shared border, then a blank cell (that creates your gap) and finally a third cell that contains the actual page contents. All I can suggest is that after you have created the pages you can manually edit the HTML file and remove that empty cell... this will then have the border and main page right up against each other. It's another case of Microsoft deciding that they know what you want better than you do. Hope this helps!

How do you find that blank cell to delete? (the one that creates the gap) I don't see it in the html code.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back