Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share VPN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiok

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
I have a Win2k box with Checkpoint Secure Remote installed. I'm able to authenticate and connect the secure remote VPN. Locally, I've mapped the remote share as drive N:. My question is how do I get the rest of the LAN to be able to see this networked WAN drive?

I can imagine that this question deems a pretty comprehensive reply, but any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I don't undertand the question. Are you trying to let other computers seen your network drive that is mapped on another computer if so it cant be done unless you are using PcAnywhere to view the computer. Other option would be to use a linksys vpn router cost roughly 150.00 you then can support multiple tunnel back to a checkpoint box.

Well, let me try to explain a bit. I have one machine on a LAN (in Los Angeles) that connects via Checkpoint to another machine on a LAN (in New York). We'd like to enable all the other machines to use this one VPN connection to provide a networked WAN drive. I hadn't considered the LinkSys VPN router, but I'll look into it. If you have any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Sergio

This can't be done. there would have to be a router on both end points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back