Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share UPS AP9207

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
US
I setup AP9207 share ups to multiple shut down 4 servers. I installed Powershute 5.2.1 and used correct the cables either on Advanced port or basic port. But I cannot see all 4 servers on the Powershut program only two of them show up.
Please help and thanks.

By any chance are the other 2 servers on a different network? If so, there's your problem.

Either way, can you manually enter the server's netbios name in the server name box to connect to these servers?

Yes, all servers are on the same network and can communicate each other either by IP or by netbois name. The NetBEUI is installed also.

When you installed the PowerChute software, did you install it on ALL servers? If not, that's what you need to do. Also, make sure you configure the software correctly. For servers on BASIC signaling ports (#s 2 thru 8), you need to select BACK-UPS with SIMPLE signaling even though you may be using a SMART-UPS. On the advanced port (port 1), you would select SMART signaling and the actual UPS type (SMART-UPS, BACK-UPS, etc).

When you said you can communicate with the servers via IP or NETBIOS, were you talking about via the PowerChute software or network neighborhood?

I did all your suggestions above. And each server can make the communication with UPS. communication between servers is not via the PowerChute software. All setup and configuration is correct and I talke the APC support, they cannot figure it out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back