Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share library between 2 different software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2002
US
Hi. We have an L180 and we were wondering if we could share the library between two different pieces of software. For example, one server would have Veritas loaded on it, and another would have Legato loaded on it.
We want Veritas to control, let's say 2 of the drives, and then Legato would control the other 2 drives.

ACLS has been mentioned, but is there any other way to do this without having to implement ACLS? Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

I am afraid there will be no other way. If it were a silo you might try to use STL device sharing. It can be found in the nsrjb.res. Have a look at man nsr_jukebox. If it works with the L180 - which I don't know it might be a possible solution.

But think about what happens if both softwares do a request at the same time. I don't know how this is being handled.

ACSLS would be a central instance controlling the jukebox.

Yours
Johanes

Thanks Johanes for the reply. I didn't think there was a way either but just wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back