Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Share exchange user calendar with external users. Not creating calendar files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlh1

MIS
Mar 26, 2001
US
I have been asked to setup shared calendars for users on our exchange server.
I have found some good information on the internet to set this up, and followed the steps.
I now have the ability to share my calendar in Outlook and in OWA. But when I go to the directory where I think the calendar should be there are none.

My environment
4 Exchange 2010 server sp1 , each server is setup as Mailbox, ClientAccess, HubTransport. There are two servers per site and the mailbox database is part of a DAG the both site use.

All server have OWA configured and user can access them from their specific site.

We have one OWA server that is external facing that is accessible from an external url. I would like to have the calendars for all users that have the calendar share policy enable for their use.

When I publish my calendar everything from the Outlook and OWA they appears work correctly. The links that are created seem correct and point to the external url.

When I try to access the calendar file by the link that is created I get a 404 error file folder not found. When I check the directory on the OWA server there are no files created in the calendar directory on the web server where the external facing OWA. I also check the other OWA server on the network. There are no errors in the event log that have calendar or owa references.

I have checked the get-exchangeserver and the setting seem to be correct.
I have checked the get-owavirtualdirectory and these setiing seem to be correct.
I have also check that my test users in in the sharing policy for the calendar sharing.

What I’m I missing. Any help would be great.

Thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back