Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

share cookies between website and local file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasJSmart

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
I am building an application that is 2 parts.
1. a chromeless browser application that opens a local html/js file
2. an external website where the user must login, this is stored in a cookie and session.

the external website is opened in an iframe in the local file.

in the local file is a check that continuously checks the network connection to the external website. if the connection breaks then the user is forwarded to another local file where they can input data. on this page is the same network connection check.

once the internet connection comes back i want to send the data that was entered to the external website and then send the user back to the initial local file with an iframe to the website.

What i just tried was to have a jsonp query to the server to make sure the user is logged in. after that was confirmed i was planning to submit the data via json and then return the user to the iframe page. But the jsonp query from the local file does not share the same cookies as the website so the result is always that the user is not logged in.

So the question is, how could i make a website cookie also be accessible by a local file? And this should be a generic solution that can work on different computers for different users?

Thanks
Thomas

site | / blog |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back