Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadowing launches new session!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlcos

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2002
US
Got this weird problem that started happening last week:

I am running Metaframe XP FR1 on Window 2000 servers.
Running a two-server MetaFrame XP farm with SP1 & FR1 (on Win2K SP2).

When I attempt to shadow a session through the MMC, a new session is actually launched instead of just a shadow window opening.

From the Citrix Management COnsole (MMC), if I select an active user session, right-click and choose "Shadow", what paunches is a new session for whatever user I log in as (complete with login script run)... NOT a shadow session for the user I selected!

Any clues?

Got more to add to this problem:

When my "new" session window opens (the one I get when I should have gotten a shadow session), I get a dialog that says "A server application is trying to access your local client files. What access should be allowed?"

I then get a choice Of No access, Read-only access, or Full access... and am also asked "Do you want to be asked again?", with choices of lways ask, never as for this app, or never ask.

Never seen this before...

Solved this one myself. Solution for resolving issue with Published Apps not working (getting full desktop instead of published apps) was the cure.

For those who don't know, the solution is in Citrix Knwledgebase article CTX644401.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back