Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadow Utility Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirsty

Technical User
Dec 13, 2000
AU
I am wondering if anyone out there can help me with a citrix problem. While attempting to Shadow a user an error continually pops up. this error is

Error 7025 Shadow Utility Error. Video mode not supported. All other users on the citrix can shadow although this computer cannot! Please help as I have tried everything!

There is a problem with the display card, or the way it is configured, on this PC.

At least, that is what usually generates this error message!

I hope this helps

This could also mean that the user you are trying to shadow has a higher screen resolution than you have. For instance if you are running at 640x480 and the person you are trying to shadow is running at 800x600 you would receive this error.

clocke2000 is correct, when a user (person being shadowed) has a higher screen resolution than you do or colors set higher (the shadowee) you will get this error. Tested and confirmed. Have the shadowed user lower there res. We have only been able to shadow in 256 colors or lower. The screen res (size) does not matter as long as the shadower has a large screen size set than the shadowee. Hope that makes sense. Supposedly Metaframe is suppose to support up to 64k colors next version.

I have also had this error on numerous occasion when using the shadow taskbar, even when the resolution isnt a problem, I dont have an answer as to why this happens, but can offer a possible solution.

Rather than using the Shadow taskbar, try the shadow option within Citrix Server Administration (if your not already) browse the users on the relevant server,select , right click and shadow...

Hope this helps

that is because of resolution only. If U have less resolution than the user's it will come.

With FR1 applied, using Server Administrator, this issue should not come about. The screen size and resolution of the shadowee can be greater than that of the shadower.

The error as described will appear if the Shadow Taskbar is used in this situation.

I guess that's something Citrix might be working on - although the Citrix Management Console in MetaFrame XP does a much better job! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back