Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadow issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpwashu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2003
US
I actually have a two part question. Can I

1. Shadow an application session? If a user is running a Citrix published aplpication can I configure the system to allow me to shadow that session? It seems to work if the app is not load balanced but does not work if it is.

2. Can I shadow a session from a published desktop. I have published remote desktop as an application for managing my environment theough the firewall using the Portal. But I cannot shadow any sessions this way, even normal client sessions where they are using the server desktop. Can this be done? Can I publish the actual desktop rather than the remote desktop? Thanks
Add Note:

I use mfadmin.exe and run that from a published desktop, personally I don't like CMC!

I can select all my Citrix servers and shadow any Citrix user on any Server without any issues.

I do set my colour depth to the best I can get (True Color 32 bit) and it never fails! Unless someone clicks "No"!!!!!

Also, being either side of the firewall makes no difference whatsoever!

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back