Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadow Copy and SQL Server not backing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daxter

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
US
Hi - I recently ran into this problem a couple of times recently.

first: Running Backup Exec v9.1 /os 2000/sql 2000

The job runs but fails A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent. Now the remote agent backed up the SQL drives ok, but bombed on the Shadow Copy and SQL Server backup. I just restarted the remote services and I was able to connect to the remote agent and it looks like it is backing up the shadow copy coponent and sql server - just started the job so I do not have the results. Could this be a time out error? Thanks Ju

Is the remote agent crashing or stopping on the server?

Check you app/system log to see if the remote agent service is bombing out when it hits the shadow copy compoenents

Funny I have the same problem going on with a file server, it's been like this for a couple of months now. Nothing out of the ordinary show up in the system logs. I've read somewhere that Microsoft has a patch for it, but you have to pay for the support call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back