Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadow Clients with out them giving Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarksfrcb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2004
CA
Hello,

I have been looking but can't seem to find out how to shadow citrix sessions on my server without the user having to allow this to happen. We are a teleservices company and we have reps working remotely. My Quality Assurance department would like to shadow these reps without the reps knowing. We use presentation server 4.5 and the reps login thru the internet.

Thank You
Shane

This is for CPS4.0 but will not be too different from 4.5 !

Open PS management console. Go to policies. Click user workspace/shadowing.
Right click configuration (inside this shadowing). There you can enable the shadowing and all the parameters you want.
mike

You may not be able to turn off notification. Back in the MetaFrame XPx days notification could be turned on at install (farm) but could not be turned off after due to potential auditing issues.

Here's what you have to do, go in Terminal Service Configuration. Go in the Properties of ICA-TCP, and in Remote Control Tab, select "Use remote control with thefollowing settings", select "Interact with the session" and uncheck "Require user's permission".

After that you need to be sure that user doing the shadow have the right to do some. In the Permisions tab, if they don't have Full Control, be sure they have the Remote Control and Query Information permission that you can give in Advanced setting

The session you want to be shadowing need to be opened after you did these modification... and they have to be done on all your citrix servers.

That should be it...

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

Thank you so much for your help. This works great...I appreciate your input. :)

Thanks
Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back