Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shading and Opacity Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stackjones

Technical User
Dec 31, 2004
US
in quark can you change the opacity of a picture? if so how?

also... can you change the color and shading of the shadow feature? i only see gray as an option, (the default)

thanks for all your help.

i absolutely love this program now. i can't believe that i ever lived without it.

The only way I know of to change the opacity of a picture is if the picture itself is a greyscale image. If it is a GS image you can also change the color of the image as well as the opacity.

Hi Stacjjones,

As far as i know you cannot change the opacity of an image or do any kind of image editing in QuarkXPress. You can do this in Photoshop or any other image editing software and then import the image in QuarkXPress.

Hope this helps.

QXP is actually not an image editting tool, so u will not be able to do much in it.

Anyways u can use item>runaround. fiddle with it and u may get ur desired o/p.

the other way around is to have clipping path and accordingly u can use the runaround features.

hope this helps.
EL236

~*The Art of Communication*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back