Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SGI Monitor w/ DB15F and 5-BNC Inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabowles

MIS
Jun 26, 2001
US
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 17" Silicon Graphics Monitor (w/ a Sony Trinitron Screen), and it has two different inputs. It has the regular DB15F input in the back of the monitor and it also has the RGB plus two other BNC inputs. My question is of quality. If I purchase the standard DB15M-to-DB15M and plug the monitor up to my PC, does it provide any less quality than if I bought a 5BNC-to-DB15M connector and utilize the BNC inputs?

Thanks,
David Bowles

That really depends on what you're using your monitor for. Are you using it for just desktop apps and stuff like that? If so just go for the DB15M-to-DB15M and plug the monitor up to the computer.

However if you're going to be using your computer to watch dvd's, Avi's, mpeg's, or running games with full motion picture then buy the 5BNC-to-DB15M connector and utilize the BNC inputs.

If you're not using it for those reasons though then you're wasting money.

MercuriusX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back