Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SG T1 Boot loop after factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2010
US
I have a T1 that I have done the press and hold on the reset button in order to default the unit. It now completes the boot to the VXWorks allowing me to access the information and make changes to the IP etc...But within 15-20 seconds of reaching this screen (through the serial btw) it reboots.

No matter what I attempt to do it keeps boot looping. I was attempting to clear this unit to sell it, and not being too familiar with it, I am wondering if this is just normal because it's looking for the server to download the specs it needs? Or is this unit messed up now that I did this reset?

As the SGT1k boots, there is a point where you have about 3 seconds to stop the process. I think you hit Escape. Then you can get in and do some 'setenv' commands that mimic the menu that you normally get after bootup. I think you should be able to Google the 'setenv' commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back