Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SG 50 incoming caller ID - How to disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakt99

Technical User
Dec 19, 2009
AU
Build 16.23.7305.0

Can anyone tell me how to disable incoming caller id pickup on analogue pstn trunks associated with an Sg 50?
The telco trunks we have do not deliver CLID and its takes the usual 2-3 extra rings cycles for CLID pick up times out before my hunt group handset rings.

You could try using ;1l custom dialing rule.

I meant ;1L

****** From Shoretel Dial Plan Guide (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK) *******

Remove waiting for callerID on analog loop start
This custom string is most often used in small offices where calls are going to a workgroup or hunt group. Some customers don’t like that it takes two rings for the ShoreTel system to answer and then another 1 or 2 more rings for the call to be answered by a user. With this you will sacrifice callerID, but calls will be able to be answered more quickly.
How to remove waiting for callerID on analog loop starts on ShoreTel side after Telco disables?
1. Enable support entry mode
2. Login as admin to Director
3. Go to analog loop start trunk group
4. Edit custom Trunk Group Dialing Rules
5. Add string ";1L" without quotation marks and save.

Support Entry -- Control+Shift+Click on 'Username' on the login screen.

Jason
Network Engineer, Cisco, Nortel, ShoreTel

Thanks for info

I copied the view Trunk Group Dialing Rules and pasted into the edit Trunk Group Dialing Rules window and changed the 1A to 1L in the string, and works a treat.

Why do they make it so hard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back