Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sftp 'ls -l' listing - how to list all without asking for input

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcmonger

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
US
Hi,

I am using sftp and trying to list all the contents from a directory and feed it to a log file. In the old ftp, when doing an 'ls -l' (or the 'dir' command) it lists everything in the directory without stopping. This is what I need sftp to do. Instead, sftp lists partial contents and then asks to enter any key to continue. I am running in batch mode, meaning non-interactive, so I won't be available to enter the key that it is waiting for. I did put 'ls -l' and 'l' (as a dummy for "pressing any key to continue") to make sftp list the next set of contents. It did list the next set of contents but then the program hangs until the next stdin is entered. It is running non-interactive via batch file.

If anybody know some command I must feed to sftp to tell it to list all contents in the directory without stopping please let me know.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back