Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SFTP Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal112

Technical User
Aug 7, 2006
US
I'm looking for a simple SFTP client to backup my CUCM & Unity server. I've tried FreeFTPD not compatible according to Cisco. The listed compatible apps are a pain to configure. Anyone have any success with another SFTP client?

As long as your backups are smaller than 1gig FreeFTPD works fine. It' the gig limitation that's the reason cisco won't support it. If you worry about cisco supporting it, then you need to stick to the one cisco reccomends.
All they are saying is they will not support you on any other SFTP server if you call for help. That's reasonable I think.

Well there definately more than 1Gig on both Unity and CUCM. I've got Titan FTP working and backing up but its only a trial version for 20 days. SolarWinds has a SFTP/FTP server application that is capable of up to 4GB. So, Ill be trying that out here.

Its a gig per back up not total of what you are backing up. So if cucm is 1/2 gig and unity is .8gig it doesnt tally up the back ups. Only if your cucm back up gets over a gig for example it could fail backing it up. Unless you are backing up call records in cucm or messages in unity you shouldn't go over a gig, unless you have an enterprise system with tens of thousands of phones.

I understand that. And it did fail because of the size. looking at the backups, our CUCM size is 2Gb and CUCX is 2.5Gb. The SolarWinds backup did work out though. Thanks for your responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back