Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Severs Grayed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolasete

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2002
US
Several of the servers on my network are grayed out in Backup Exec - it can't seem to located the default shares for the drive letters - C$, etc.

It can read these shares on most of the machines. I can't figure out what the difference is on the ones where it can't - two are 2000 servers, one is an NT 4.0 Server. however i also have an NT 4.0 server whose default shares can be viewed. i checked the filesystem across the board and all the ones that are unviewable are NTFS, however, there are viewalbe NTFS drives on other NT 4.0 machines.

anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure the remote agent service is running on the remote servers being backed up.

Make sure the activation keys are listed in the Help/About of Backup Exec. One remote key per remote server.

See if you can access the remote servers admin share from the Backup Server start/run eg. \\remote1\c$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back