Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Several parallel C++ applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

darioars

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
DE
Hi again folks!

I have written several separate C++ applications and I'd like to be able to launch them all at the same time, because I need them to run simultaneously since they interchange information among them (so that thy can run properly).

I need them to communicate as fast as possible to get a good real-time performance, so I thought it could be a good idea to integrate them into a "big C++ application" containing them all and making them run simultaneously, so that they can communicate by means of functions, for example. I thought about using threads but as far as I read, I think they're not useful for me (they are just different "instances" of executions of the same code, right?) ... Do any of you have any suggestion about how to address this problem? Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Darío.

Not quite true about threads. You could have one program that starts different functions in different threads, but IIRC you need to be careful about sharing information between different threads.

Personally I think that Multi Threading may be the way for you to go here, but it depends on how many applications that you have that would need to run at the same time.

K

Thanks Kalisto! I'll start picking up some information on threads.

Regards,
D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back