Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Several Column - line graphs next to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNProjects

Technical User
Nov 4, 2005
CA
Hello,
I would like to graph the quantities as bars and the values as lines for each country.
Would it be possible to align the countries on the same graph?

2005 2006 2007 2005 2006 2007
tons tons tons million yen million yen million yen
U.S. 25,866 27,597 16,064 3,936 3,718 3,048
Russia 9,717 8,977 5,873 1,062 798 721
Norway 4,013 4,463 3,868 566 632 531
Netherlands 1,611 1,347 835 145 131 90

Thanks for any hint.

Hi,

You can use different Chart Types in the same chart.

Plot ALL data.

Select a SERIES that you want to change.

Change the Chart Type

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi,

like Skip says. Also, if you want the lines and columns to have different axes you can format the lines to be plotted on the Secondary axis. ( select the series, and do Ctrl-1 or right-click and choose Format Series, and look at Series options )

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Thanks for your reponse.

I was not able to follow your advice, for excel does not allow me to graph more than 2 series with 2 axis.

What I want to do is like the graph on this page ( but the 3 graphs would all be on a horizontal line instead of pilling up.

Sorry if i am not very clear.

Do you want THREE charts or ONE chart?

Your original post asked, "Would it be possible to align the countries on the same graph?"

I am confused.

Please be Clear, Concise and Complete.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks again.

I would like to have US next to Russia, for example, on the X-axis.
Then, have the bars (quantity) and the line (value)for each country on the Y-axis.

I was not able to follow your advice, for excel does not allow me to graph more than 2 series with 2 axis.

No, that's not true. You can plot all 6 series on one chart, have 3 series as columns, and have 3 of them as lines, and specify that you want those series to scale against a secondary axis.

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back