Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sever un reacheble

Status
Not open for further replies.

atbw5

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
what you think that the problem whwn i try to connect some ip telephone , we get the message " server un raecheble " . this happend to 5 phones type i2002 from about 60 others i2002 they registerd @ worke perfect .

some told me that these telephhone me be need to reset it ? and this is my question if this true ? how to reset it?

regards

This fault indication can be caused by a couple of things depending on your data configuration:

1. If using Full DHCP you may have run out of IP Addresses, in either the Voice or the Data VLAN as an IP 2002 Set requires a Data VLAN address first then requests a Voice VLAN address.

2. You may have configured the IP Set incorrectly. So check settings.

To reset the IP Set either carry out a soft reset or simply unplug the network connection.

..an IP Phone is basically a computer with a different User Interface. As with any other computer, make sure that the software is up-to-date. In this case, are you using DAX firmware in the IP Phone 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back