Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Virtual Phone Extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugieDawgie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2003
US
Nortel Meridian - we would like to setup a direct dial phone number for customers to call into and leave voicemail. The extension would then be accessible by the work group to check messages. Is there a way to set this up without having a physical phone line plugged in?

Thanks for the help.

Or if you have a phantom loop defined build a phantom 500 set and dcfw to voicemail pilot.

stroked5o has the best idea, I think. Go into LD97 and create a phantom loop, if you don't already have one. Then you can point DCFW to your Mail app DN. You can use XMWK extended message waiting keys on the phone sets that should display message waiting indicator for that number

the acd, saves a lic, or tn. the maxp 1 acd is faster and does not waste that new and improved 100 dollar per lic rls 3 and up will cost. i have 300 or more soft acd ques, that would be a lot of 100 dollar bills

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John you're right (of course!). I didn't think of it that way.. But correct me if I'm wrong, aren't they frowning on dummy queues (especially with symposium et al)?

The advantage of a phantom TN is mail doesn't treat the call like it is a busy situation. When you ACD to mail the caller will hear, "the person at extension xxxx is on the phone". That won't happen with a phantom TN.

Nortel started recommending phantom loops/dns instead of acd when call pilot came out. We use phantoms whenever we can....

In MerMail, you can give mailbox a Personal class of service, then set "Caller notified of busy line" to "NO"

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back