Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup two extensions on one phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everybody:

A question for everyone! We have two people sharing an office, and there's one phone in there. They're in on different days of the week, but they do different jobs, so they each need an extension. Is there a way I can set up the UCx to have two extensions programmed on one telephone - one for each of them? I've been thinking about the easiest way to do this. Some ideas come to mind with a ring group, or a phantom extension with an Answer DN programmed on the phone. But perhaps there are some easier ways to address this? Happy to receive your thoughts! Thanks friends!

I am not sure on the system but it would seem Hotdesking is indeed a better suggestion, this way when you log in as you(activate Hotdesking), it just your phone (your DN) and your mailbox and no need to worry about the other users DN being called (ringing).

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I had thought of hotdesking, too - I use that sometimes when I need my phone at a remote set. That's a super idea, as one of the extensions will eventually have a DID.

Just to make sure I do it right, would I create 2 XSTIM devices, appoint them as necessary, but not assign a set to them? I would then enable hotdesking, and they would simply "log in" to their extension when they reach their phone?

My thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back