Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup problem with EOS for inbound NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesworthy88

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
US
I have a brand new Sonicwall TZ190 running firmware 3.6 EOS. I used the setup wizard to configure the network settings and outbound access works fine.

However, when I tried to create NAT and access rules to allow inbound connections to a server, I see the traffic is blocked in the log.

I created a Firewall access rule allowing WAN > LAN from Any to my servers public ip address (also Sonicwall External IP) on TCP port 8080. Then I created two NAT rules. 1) to translate the traffic from the public server ip to the private address using ANY for both interfaces. 2) to translate from the private ip address to the public going outbound (again ANY for both interfaces). I can access the webserver on port 8080 from the LAN. I'm really confused why the traffic is getting blocked in the log when accessing from the i-net.

Does the OPT port have to be used or is there a trust problem between the WAN & LAN that has to be modified?

This is my first time working with Sonicwall.....

Thanks,

jw
A+, Security+, Network+, CCSA, NSA

TRY This

org = original

SOURCE DESTINATION SERVICE
Access Rules: WAN to LAN: Any to Public IP to Port

SOURCE DESTINATION SERVICE
Nat Policy: any, org : public IP, private IP : port,org :

INTERFACE
any, any

NOTE: Depending on my the web server is for it might be more advantagous to put it on the OPT. If so just adjust you LAN to OPT / OPT to LAN access rules to block or allow access between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back