Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Problem for Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

panadoll

Programmer
Feb 28, 2002
SG
Hi,

I am using vb6 with access 2000 and crystal 8.5
I created a setup disk using the package and deployment wizard.

When I run the setup on Win2k, it will prompt me this msg "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart windows before you can run setup again. Click cancel to exit setup without updating system files."

I click "Ok" to this msg and the next msg came out. "Do you want to restart windows now? if you choose 'No', you will not be able to run setup until after the system is rebooted at a later time" Therefore i click on "OK".

However it seems like windows is not doing any updating work as i have been repeating the same step for 5 times.

Can anyone advice me on how to solve this problem? thanks alot.

VB6 and Access 2000 should work fine with W2K. Im not sure with the Crystal 8.5 maybe you should consider upgrading your W2K Service Pack.

P & DW can't cope with files that are in use. Change to Microsoft Installer (free from MS) or another installer, or do a search in this forum for Deployment wizard, as this has been addressed several times.

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back