Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi there,
I tried to make a setup package for my VFP project. It goes well but the program group was missing and I couldn't find it. I have a string %s\myprog.exe in the PM. What else did I missed? Can anybody help?

I forgot to mention I've used VFP6 here. I don't have this problem when I'm using VFP5 before.

Thanks Chris, I did try that too but it still didn't worked out.
My setting for this step just uses %smyprog.exe now on the PM option.

When you checked the PM box and were presented with the Program Group Menu item dialog, did you:

1. Enter a description.
2. Enter the target ( %s\MyProg.exe like you have above)
3. Specify an icon.

I vaguely recall instances where the program group shortcut was not created because an icon file was not specified. Then again, I might just be confused. :) Jon Hawkins

Yes I did enter a description and target but I did not specify any icon. I supposed this is not a requirement, is it?

tg2000

I don't believe the icon is a requirement and if you do not specify one, you will instead be presented with the Fox icon.

The simple way to check it out is to specify one and see what happens.

Chris :)

the fox icon is not displayed if you have, through the projectinfo form, added an icon in the exe. the default icon is then the one you created for your app.

OK thanks back to my question, I am still wondering why Program group isn't created with the settings I've described before.

I really need this or if this doesn't work with VFP6 anymore, is there any third party tool out there which I can use?

If you've followed steps exactly as listed in the VFP 6.0 Help (Using Visual FoxPro -> Programmer'Guide -> Distributing Applications -> Creating Distribution Disks), including moving the required files OUT of the development directory, and checking the PM box in Step #6, I've never had a problem.

Are you getting any warnings or error messages in this process? Is it not creating the PM group under all OS's (Win95, 98, ME, NT, 2000) or just one in particular?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back