Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup of new Applications server to migrate VM Pro from Windows server (Version 11.1 FP1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc110

Vendor
Jul 26, 2007
US
So, this is the first time for me ramping up a new Applications server to host Voicemail Pro since 11.1 does not support Windows installations/upgrades any further.

I followed the directions (Installing and Maintaining an IP Office
Application Server) however was having a terrible time booting/installing from the ISO file (which was named "abe-11.1.100-95_el6.iso") so decided to download the vhdx file (Hyper V "IpolCPEHyperV-11.1.1000.207.zi") which worked perfectly on our Hyper-V server.

I was able to spin up the new VHDX and get to the point during "Ignition" wherein I chose Voicemail Pro only (I avoided choosing any of the other options). Once system was up and running, I was able to launch the voicemail pro client and connect to this new virtual VP Pro instance.

I have not yet upgraded the IP Office to version 11.1 (from 9.1.x) as of yet as I wanted to test connectivity to the new VM Pro server first. I backed up the existing Windows voicemail pro server and loaded the backup to the new voicemail pro application server and when I attempt to restore it I can actually see the backup however there the option to choose "OK" to restore does not exist. As I was poking around in the applications server I was wondering if I had to upgrade my IP Office and point it to the new voicemail pro server in order for it to be licensed in order to get the backup loaded? I would have thought that I could restore the configuration without doing this but could not find anything in the documentation that stated this. And, perhaps, have I created a new applications server incorrectly?

At this point I believe that I need to upgrade my IP Office to 11.1, configure the Voicemail settings to point to my new voicemail pro server, and then maybe it will allow me to restore the backup? I sent some screen shots to show what the system looks like.

In addition, although I created a hostname for the applications server - you will see from the pictures that the system itself is named "00155D051529". What exactly is this name?

Any input on the above would be greatly appreciated! I hesitated to move towards an application server for long enough so prepared to take on the next way of doing things with Avaya!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f4bbfaab-5853-4af1-a3f4-8e5e27019ebb&file=2021-02-19_07h37_19.png
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back