Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

settings for read only

Status
Not open for further replies.

florida41

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
On an Access 2000 database I took over it seems to go into lock or read only if someone else pulls up the database even if they are just viewing the data and not writing any information. The lock read only stays that way for about 20 minutes. Is there a setting or something I can change in the database to eliminate this issue where it allows more people to view the database without getting that message. Because when I create a new database to test this issue it doesnt do that so I am wondering if there is a setting someone set on this database?

I don't know of anything Access has that will do this. Who over wrote the database must have coded it that way. Since it seems to be on a timer (20 minutes), check the OnTimer event of the form. There also may be a form (hidden) that's doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back