Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Settings Change During Module Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

adbc19

Technical User
May 31, 2017
US
I have a Partner ACS phone system with an R7 309 processor. It currently has 3 206E expansion modules and a voicemail module. Our company needed a few more extensions, so I tried to replace one of the 206E modules with a 308EC.

In the current system, when a call comes in, it gives 2 rings (which are set up to be silent on extension 10) and then redirects to the Automated Attendant. However, when I replaced the expansion module, it now rings, says "Your call is being connected" then rings at extension 10. None of the settings appear to have been changed. When I put the old module back in, the problem was fixed.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Can it be fixed?

When you added stations you moved the group 7 extensions. You need to adjust group 7. #505 grp 7 unassign the first 2 extensions and assign the first 2 extension after the current group.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

When you changed the 206E to a 308EC you changed the number of extensions so your voicemail ports changed. I can't tell you what your voicemail ports are now without more information. Would need to know what modules are in what slots and what voicemail module you have.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you both for the quick and helpful replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back