Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting zoom factor programmatically ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBall

Programmer
May 23, 2001
GB
Hi,
working with 4.6, I'd like to set the default zoom factor when a report opens in a window.
I can't find out how.
Can it be done ?

Regards,
Graham

In Crystal 8 and delphi i use:
CRVIEWER1.ZOOM(75)

75 being the % of zoom.

Unfortunately, not in 4.6 B-(
Regards,
Graham

If you are using the OCX, you can call the .PageZoom method and pass an integer value between 25 and 400. And you must call the method AFTER the .Action method call.

As in:

CrystalReport1.Action = 1
CrystalReport1.PageZoom 50

I am using the crystl32.ocx, but there's no such method in the dropdown and it doesn't do anything anyway.
Strangely enough the zoom method referred to by dillinger was also not in the dropdown, but when it was capitalised, I thought it would work.
Pagezoom doesn't even get capitalised.

Regards,
Graham

Unfortunately, the oldest version I have access to is V6 Professional and it does have the .PageZoom method for the OCX.

You're probably out of luck without buying a newer version of Crystal.

You might be right, but that's not an option(budgets!).
It's not that importanat, I just wanted to open at a decent level of magnification, so that the user didn't have to click the zoom button every time.
I would have thought that if the button was in the window that the method might have been exposed somewhere - what a daft idea !
Thanks anyway. Regards,
Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back