Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Wallpaper as a user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togora

Technical User
Aug 18, 2001
GB
Hi

The Administrator has disabled the setting wallpaper option due to NT not liking it much, so he says. That's a new one on me! Is there any way I can do this on my computer without having the Administrators permissions?

Regards

Togora

The administrator has probably uninstalled the wallpaper selection. If this is so you could download a wallpaper from the internet or email yourself a picture to use and set it as wallpaper. If they have disabled this through policy manager (i.e. disabling right click) you would have to hack it.

WARNING!!

I disable all wallpaper and screensavers here. If I was to find someone had set wallpaper or screensavers I would take it straight to H.R.

Some people have no sense when it comes to what they put on their screens. We have had everything from overtly religious to rude. As far as screensavers some use system rescources needed for work even when not visible.

Please remember that even though you set at this desk 8 hours every day and even if that computer is assigned to you it is still company property and as such it is the I.T. managers decision on what will and will not be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back