Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting volume (loudness) of multimedia control... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWhiz

Programmer
Dec 16, 1999
US
Hi, folks.

I'm using a multimedia control to play audio .wav or .mp3 files. I'd like to use either a scrollbar or a spin button to ramp the volume (loudness) up or down as needed.

VB help refers to a .Volume property of the object that the multimedia control sends the audio to, but the multimedia control itself has no .Volume property.

How do I figure out what object the multimedia control is communicating with in a way that allows me to access the .Volume property of that object? Or how do I assign, reference, attach, or connect the scrollbar or spin button to the object?

Thanks much for any ideas here!

Respectfully,

GWhiz

See for setting the master volume control... With that said, I have heard it does not work on newer systems and if that is so or it happens to be true for you then there are the WaveOutGetNumDevs and the WaveOutGetDevCaps API's to get you started, followed by WaveOutGetVolume and WaveOutSetVolume API's...

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back