Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting URL for debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

topry

Programmer
Aug 18, 2001
US
Using CF Studio 4.52-
When debugging a page that requires a parameter to be passed by the referring page in the URL, is there a way to set the URL in the IDE (similar to setting command line parameters within other language environments) so that I can view / debug that page without first going to the referring page and having it pass the parameter?

When you're in Browse mode there is a magnifying glass icon that allows you to open it in a full browser window. Do that and put the parameters in the URL, then refresh it. There might be a way to actually do it in Studio but if there is you'd have to do it over and over while testing. If you test in an external browser you just have to refresh the window to retest.

Hope that works for you!

Thanks for the reply - I was hoping studio had a way to set the url / parameters that would be used by the page while being debugged. THis would allow me to set a breakpoint on that page and then run that one page, bypassing the application.cfm and any pages in-between.

Oh sorry, I see what you're saying now! When you specify the start URL in the Start/Continue Tool I think you can specify the query string part too. I don't use the debugger so I'm not sure. I always just put
Code:
Made it to here
<cfabort>
in my file then run it, then move that block down further and run it again, etc. Old-fashioned I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back