Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Win2K as a router

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxcliffy

Instructor
Feb 24, 2003
US
I have a Win2K Server with four network interface cards. Each card is setup on a different subnet, and I want the system to route traffic between the 4 subnets. I have set up the static routes, but the traffic isn't being routed. I can ping from one network to another, but using programs like telnet, ftp, VNC or Reflections do not work. Any Suggestions?

If you can ping from one network to another, then you have an IP connectivity between them. If you have a firewall on that router too, then possible the traffic to be blocked.
What about name resolution? Are you trying to access those services (ftp,..) using the name? Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

Are you using RRAS?

If not then there is a routing flag that needs to be turned on in the registry. Do a search in the MS Knowledgebase for routing. Also, there is a weird issue with regrd to the routing table under Win2K (& windows in general). Something to do with 1 table for the system which can lead to weird problems in routing. I read about it a few months ago but can't recall it correctly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back