Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Volume Pools and classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewill11

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
US
Hi,
Just got my Netbackup up and running. Any tips on setting up Volume Pools and Classes would be greatly appreciated - or just any advice for beginners?

Thanks

Limit the use of pools
and
Everybody does classes differently. Create general classes to begin with. Then as you get more comfortable with them, you will change the classes to fit your business needs.

Thanks Dan. Sounds like good advice and I have followed it.

hi,

i am having a problems trying to restore a sql database with an alternate client. my database server went down. so i am trying to restore the database from another server. i am currently using the admin account for this service.

ex. dbo5 went down
useing nco5 as the server client and source client is dbo5 destination would be dbo5. i am getting an error. something to the fact of nb database extension graphical user interface can not determin the version micsoft.

so about my ex.

ex. dbo5 went down
useing nco5 as the server client and source client is dbo5 destination would be nc05.

sorry again

I think that it depends on what type of backup strategy you want to implement as to how to set up classes and pools. I have full_weekly and incremental_daily backup classes and corresponding full_weekly and incremental_daily volume pools. This way I can easily duplicate my weekly backups for off-site storage. I find it easier to manage than having one giant pool of tapes. The only caveat for this method is that you do not have too long of a retention period so that you run out of tapes in each pool. Just my .10 worth..... Brantley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back