Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up two numbers on one set in BCM 400 vers 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet2469

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I have been able to point both DID to this phone and they both ring it.
But internal callers to the extension and external callers that dial an ext from the main number just go straight to VM on one of the lines.

I did this by having two target line assignments on one set.

DN 201
line access
Line assignment - both set to Appr&Ring
Line 313
Line 330

Down at the target lines, 313 points to received number 770-7901 (this is internal ext 201, which is fine)
330 points to received number 770-7909 (this is internal ext 209, which is only working as DID)

So I am guessing I need to do something to DN 209 but not sure what.

Not to sure what you are after.

I think you want the second number to go to extn 201 voicemail
Voicemail does not go to a line.
It goes to an extensions mailbox.
Therefore the call ringing at extn 209 will go the mail box of 209.

So I recommend you remove the line appearance from extn 209.

Make sure the target line for line 330 only rings at extn 201
This w lay the call will go to the correct mail box.

Also on the targets make the prime set the extension the line is assigned to.

What I am trying to do is have both extensions ring the same set and for them both to have voicemail.
they are on the floor and don't really sit at the desk much but wanted to keep calls distinct. (One on each shift)

well then set up an ANSWER DN for the other extn 209 to appear and ring at the extn main extn 201

Then 201 will now ring when 209 is called
Then 201 will now ring when 201 is called.

Leave the DDIs to ring each extn individual extn that way they will go to the correct voicemail

I apologize for the lag here thanking everyone - my end users are slow to get back to me- but apparently the setup still is not working. I will gather some details.

Also I think we need some more detail. Your not very clear now there are 2 phones ,distinctive ringing etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back