Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up source code in JBuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

aod8

Programmer
Nov 25, 2005
IE
Hi,

I am trying to set source code which I accessed from the internet in a JBuilder project (It's code supplied to demonstrate how to use a library). I created a project and copied all the source code into the src directory of the project. I added "package packagename;" at the top of the class files.

However some of the files are read-only. When I try to build the project I get the following error:
"Frame1$SymWindow.java".Error#.700:can't read:file:///C%|/Documents and Settings/aishling/jbproject/jrtpmon/src/jrtpmon/Frame1$SymWindow.java

I checked this directory and the file is definately there. Is this because I can't add the "package packagename;" line at the start?Can someone advise me please?

Many thanks

Looking at the error, taking the 'src' folder as the root for the packages, then you'd need a package jrtpmon; at the top of your Frame1.java file.

Obviously the file will need to be writable to do this.

Tim
---------------------------
"Your morbid fear of losing,
destroys the lives you're using." - Ozzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back