Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Roaming Profiles in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshepherd

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2003
GB
I need to set-up some roaming profiles for users within our small Call Centre environment. I used to have some walk-through guides from Microsoft but I can't find them. Does anyone have a link for any useful walk-through guides as I can't seem to find any on the internet!

John

Hi,

Thanks, but I found that one earlier and one similar but I'm still having problems. Some of the profile data is staying locally on the PC, which is fine as it's things like Temporary Internet files etc. which you don't really want on the Server, but I can't get certain settings to transfer such as Desktop Images etc..

John

Yeah I had some problems with that. Its all to do with the Intellimirror stuff I think.
Have you checked the bits in here

Perhaps some PCs are still using the local profile. I'm afraid I never really solved my issues. Some users are still getting weird profiles from time to time. The Intellimirror does a comparison of the local profile (if it has one for that user) and the profile on the server and only transfers the newest files to save on network traffic. Maybe thats part of the problem.

Sorry I can't be more help - bit of a novice myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back