Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up Report Variables for Effective Dated Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rptanalyst

Technical User
Dec 20, 2007
US
I need clarity to solve an effective date issue between me and a coworker.

In ReportSmith 3.0, How should effective dates be set up in selection criteria when trying to pull reports in history between dates? It seems the previous report builder built the selection criteria based on the "As of Date of User" Report Effective date criteria (which is labeled the Report Begin Date) and then created an End Date Variable. Since there is no between dates for Reports Effective dates, how can a history range be pulled for dates that may not necessary have an action attached (such as all active employees between date 1 and date 2)?

Correct me if I'm wrong but based on Mr. Cook's Effdt ppt, the Reports Effective Date is < = to the date selected. So is using the "As of Date of User" Report Effective Date variable, as the Report Begin Date would be inaccurate?

Rptanalyst said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but based on Mr. Cook's Effdt ppt, the Reports Effective Date is < = to the date selected. So is using the "As of Date of User" Report Effective Date variable, as the Report Begin Date would be inaccurate?

As of Current Date:
SELECT [!]MAX[/!]("INNERALIAS"."EFFDT")
AND "INNERALIAS"."EFFDT" [!]<= SYSDATE[/!]...

As of Date Asked of User:
AND "INNERALIAS"."EFFDT" [!]<= <<ReportsEffectiveDate[/!],...

As of:
AND "INNERALIAS"."EFFDT" [!]<= TO_DATE('2008-04-18'[/!],...

Latest:

Earliest:
SELECT [!]MIN[/!]("INNERALIAS"."EFFDT")

As you were saying Rptanalyst you get the MAX Effdt that is Less then or equal to the Report Variable. You are going to want to use it as the end date.

Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back