Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up remote site on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
Sorry newbie CS5 user here. I have setup a remote site on one of our servers. I have full access to the folder and directory that I've entered as the remote server folder location. I have edited the local file, then when trying to view, I get a prompt on whether to open or save the file. Why is it not viewing the file or saving the file to my remote server?

If I manually copy the file to my remote server, it updates the site, but why won't Dreamweaver do this?

This is just messed up. I've copied new files to my local folders and Dreamweaver does not see them. I've even added a new folder in the root and it doesn't see that. I've refreshed a billion times.

In my experience i use a FTP program like cuteFTP for my file transfers. Its a bit more cumbersome but in the end it ends up being a bit more efficient (for several reasons that I dont want to go into) than using DW as the FTP program of choice.

I think it could just be something to do with your server settings but I would recommend transfering your files outside dreamweaver.

Darryn Cooke
| The New Orange County Graphic designer and Marketing and Advertising Consultant
| Marketing and Advertising blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back