Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Remote Dial-in w/ Authentication 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELBeast

MIS
Mar 13, 2006
US
I am wondering what would be the best way to set this up:
My users want to be able to dial a DID from outside the office and receive a prompt, something like "please enter the extension". They would then enter a four digit extension and be routed to one of our other offices via our H.323 trunks.
(All of the trunking and endpoints are setup already and are production.)

I am guess this would be setup as a call pilot app, but I was wondering if it allows for some sort of authentication. For example maybe the app would collect a five digit PIN or something before it allowed them to dial an extension. Ideally it would also restrict them from dialing an outside line via our PRI trunks as well, since this would only be used for internal inter-office calling.

yes you can add a password request for that.. it is on an application so everyone would have the same password unless you build an app er dept..

another way is disa, i perfer using the cp.. with disa you build a disa trunk, user calls that number, enters the dias code plus a 6 digit pwd.. then get switch dialtone, that dt can be ncos controlled

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back