Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvansEquipment

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
We implemented a propriety software a couple of months ago, right now we have each user logging onto the server directly with user rights to access this software...

Before I started my internship they tried to have the RD open directly to this software but then they had licensing conflicts. What is the best method to fix this problem? And/or how should I approach this task.

Neither... We just have a win2k Server

Do you think setting up a terminal server would work better?

I did some research to see what licensing conflicts we are getting... You see, our proprietary software has an internal licensing system. In other words, there can only be 20 simulateous users on, (we only have approx. 15 people who use it) but anyways, it just issues licenses out as the users log on... No specific order for specific users.

The error message we are getting when we have the remote desktop automatically start the program is License Error Occured: Error #15 (File Missing).

Do you know how we could go around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back